Sunday, August 15, 2010

Yay!

So much has happened this last week! For starters, yesterday I graduated from college! I graduated with honors with my bachelors in Child Development and Family Studies/Services. Yesterday was SO hot here! I only got one good picture before I had to take my cap and gown off. It was around 100 degrees and the heat index was well over 100. Here's the only decent picture of me from yesterday with my little sister and little brother.




We had some family and friends over for food and ice cream cake after. I got "oh, the places you'll go" by Dr Seuss (one of my favorite childrens authors) and an awesome vampire history book!! Heres what my cake looked like-it was mint chocolate chip-yum!


and our cute little tub of ice and drinks


Also this week, the pediatrics department of the hospital and college my grandfather worked for (before he passed away a few months ago)named a lecture series after him. They had a reception for our family, and spoke about him and hung a portrait. Here are some pics from the reception:


His portrait:

My mom:

Some yummy food from the reception:
Here's what I looked like that day:



me and my brother afterwards:
Also this week we found out that my aunt has a very fast spreading lung cancer. She started her chemo treatments immediately, and now we're waiting for the pet scan to tell us if it has spread from her lung. (This is the same aunt that was in the hospital a few weeks ago if you remember from a previous post). So much has been going on in life lately! Sorry I've been a bit absent!I have really missed my friends on here :) I've just been a bit overwhelmed with everything and pressed for time, but hopefully this week I will have tons of yummy recipes to share :) and lots more. Maybe even a giveaway coming soon, so stay tuned.

14 comments:

  1. Ahh! Congratulations on graduating! I'm sure that's so exciting! :D
    I also think it's so cool that there's been a hall named after your grandfather!
    I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, though. I do hope things turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats on graduating!

    That's so awesome about your grandfather and I'm sorry about your Aunt. Cancer sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comments! love hearing that! I like the raspberry lemonade and vodka! looks so gooooood!

    love, polly :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh your family gets hit with a lot of bad stuff :( Best wishes for your aunt! Congrats on your Graduation! Love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations for your graduation!
    & it must have been a nice service for your grandfather - i just had one similar at the church because they've donated money from my grandfather's funeral to a book of rememberance. & all my best wishes & prayers go to your aunt's recovery. stay strong & keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay..congrats :D and all the best wishes for your aunt dear x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I'm sorry to hear about your aunt I wish her a fast recovery. You have been going through quite the roller coaster! I hope everything settles nicely. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww yayy, that's a huge accomplishment and i bet you're sooo relieved. CONGRATS GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Ashely said you graduated this week, so I'm here to say "congrats"!

    And as for your aunt, try to do as much as you can to help her, but don't stress yourself out. I'm sure she loves you a lot and she doesn't want you to worry too much about her. This is a new stage in your life, and it's a great one, so embrace it with all your heart and strength. I'm sorry if that feels too personal, we don't really know each other, but I lost my mom a couple of years ago and I know it's hard to lose a loved one, but it's also important to take care of one's own businesses ;-).

    Have a nice week!

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Congrats on graduating!
    So sorry for your Aunt...that sucks :/ Best wishes to all the family if i could say... !

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on graduating!!! I will be graduating in December!
    I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, that news is never something anyone wants to hear :(
    sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on graduating, what a great accomplishment! Also your aunt and family are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on graduating! God bless your beautiful family and be with your aunt while she's going through this time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super! Congratulations <3

    ReplyDelete