Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted

There are many people I have drifted away from, but one in particular comes to mind. This particular one, though, i drifted away from purposely. i still miss her and wish we were still best friends, but she got married a few years ago and seemed to completely change. I was in the wedding, and after, we only talked once more. i was very hurt by the way she acted in the time aruond the wedding. i was going through some very difficult things, and she actually had the nerve to get her sister in law to sit down with me and discuss the fact that "they didn't feel that their wedding was the most important thing on my mind". Seriously? My parents had just split up and i had a little brother, sister, and mother calling me telling me they missed our daddy. No-your wedding is NOT the most important thing on my mind.

I do miss her, but i felt that it would be best to end things. i need people around me who care about me!

1 comment:

  1. It blows my mind the importance people put on weddings, especially the brides. People spend way too much time, money and energy on these things. You don't want someone in your life that only cares about superficial things, especially during hard times.

    ReplyDelete